networking confused...

Old August 29th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robin Goodfellow

Default networking confused...

The easiest way to go about this would be to get a wireless access point
with built in router, you can pick one up for about £45 on Dabs, I got a
Adaptec one a few months ago, it had a 4 port router as well as the
wireless..

With the setup you have I would think you could still do it, though I
haven't tried. If your PC1 is the pc connected to the internet then all you
have to do is enable internet connection sharing on this, you probably have
this done already to allow PC3 to share it, then just configure the PC2 to
connect in the same way as PC3 there is a wizzard you can run to set this up
for you and save you having to do it manually.

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello.
I'm rather new to networking so I haven't really got a clue what I'm on
about.
I currently have a wireless LAN set up between 2 PC's. (PC1 and PC2)
And a 2nd LAN set up using a Netgear Starter Kit (wired) that runs between
one of the 2 pc's in the first LAN and a 2nd one. (PC1 and PC3)
So PC 1 has 2 network cards and is networked to PC 2 and 3 separately.
Hope that makes sense

I have the networks set up ok.
I can see the files on the computers and I can transfer files etc.
However is it possible to share the net connection across both networks.
I have it set up between PC1 and 2 but I can't get it to work on the 2nd
Network as well.

PC1 and 3 run Windows 2000 while PC2 runs Windows ME.

As you can probably guess I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing but everything
works ok so far except the net sharing
cheers
Dave