RJ45 Running Outside

Old August 31st 03, 11:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mr. Nangla

Default RJ45 Running Outside

Hey,

I was wondering what sort of cat5 cable would I need if I wanted to have a
rj45 wall plate in my shed/outdoor place/summer house?

sham126

Old September 1st 03, 01:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BRG

"Mr. Nangla" wrote in
:

Hey,

I was wondering what sort of cat5 cable would I need if I wanted
to have a rj45 wall plate in my shed/outdoor place/summer house?

Suggest you consider wireless LAN as the means of connection. What is
the distance between house and shed?

--
BRG
===
Old September 1st 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mr. Nangla

about 20 foot, is it possible to use normal cat5 unshielded threaded through
those plastic tubes like the cable companies use?

sham

"BRG" wrote in message
"Mr. Nangla" wrote in
:

Old September 1st 03, 07:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
awm

Mr. Nangla wrote:
Hey,

I was wondering what sort of cat5 cable would I need if I wanted to have a
rj45 wall plate in my shed/outdoor place/summer house?

sham126

Buried ?

Run it through one of those cable protection sheaths/flex conduits used
for outdoor mains wiring to garden water features and the like and it
should be ok, bigest problem is likely to be corrosion of the
connections at the wall outlet