Sharing NTL Broadband Connection

Old September 1st 03, 01:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PMJ Virtual Assistants Lincolnshire

Default Sharing NTL Broadband Connection

Hi Andy
I share my broadband connection only to two pc's, but I use a linksys
cable/dsl router as suggested by NTL - bought it from pcworld. It works
wonderfully and was very easy to set up.

Hope this helps
regards
Patricia
"phoenix" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:39:10 +0100, Andy wrote:

Hi

My daughter is moving into a house for Uni soon which has NTL Broadband

provided
via a single ethernet connection from the back of the box for cable

television.
I want to prepare to share the connection between 4 or 5 computers using

either
an ethernet hub or possibly a wireless AP. I have reasonable experience

with
copper networking and some wireless networking but know nothing of what

NTL and
their equipment provide. Can anyone advise me what I will need to

share this
connection or direct me to a site where I can find out?

Cheers - Andy

Hi

You will need a router to share this connection with multiple computers as
NTL only provide one public IP address.

Visit the NTL or Routers forums at www.cm-forums.co.uk for some info and
friendly help. :-)

Regards