Help: TCPIP problems in XP Pro

Old September 1st 03, 03:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Smith

Default Help: TCPIP problems in XP Pro

this is what I get when I run ipconfig
-----------------
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DAREN_DESKTOP

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

----------------------------

I can access the internet, but it's very slow and sometimes I have to hit
refresh to a page to come up.

Old September 1st 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Default TCPIP problems in XP Pro

John Smith wrote:
this is what I get when I run ipconfig
-----------------
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DAREN_DESKTOP

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

----------------------------

I can access the internet, but it's very slow and sometimes I have to
hit refresh to a page to come up.

Ok , go to a command prompt and then type ipconfig /all
Then post that here.
It sounds like it could be a DNS issue , or possibly packet loss.
Try pinging a few sites and see if you get dropped packets

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Nick LeLievre should show up with computer parts and a promise
, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk