wireless cameras 802.11b

Old September 1st 03, 09:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Quique

Default wireless cameras 802.11b

Hi,
Have you got experience with these kind of wireless cameras DCS-1000W? I'm
really interested in installing several outside the house and I would like
to get some feedback before buying them. In fact I would be interested in
knowing the range (output power), outdoor resistance, ...

thanks in advance,
Enrique

Old September 29th 03, 06:40 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
voipguy

Enrique,
I bought one this weekend. It's definitely intended for inside use,
so you'll need to get a waterproof enclosure for it.
I'm using it about 70 feet from the AP, through several walls
and it's fine. The documentation is not great, and the software
"IPView" definitely looks like it was shipped out the door
in a hurry. I also haven't had very good luck with the
"Motion Detection" mode. Even in the least sensitive setting,
it keeps triggering (and the scene hasn't changed).
Picture quality isn't bad, and it has a snapshot and live motion
mode, that seems to work about 3 FPS.

/VoIPGuy.

Old October 28th 03, 06:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
voipguy

Just a follow-up. I had several problems with the DCS-1000W
camera. If I tried to use the software that came with it
to control the camera, the camera firmware would crash
shortly thereafter. Then you have to reset the power.
I tried upgrading the FW, but it still had the same problem.
After upgrading, the image actually loaded slower!

Fortunately the camera completely stopped working completely within
the 30 return period. I returned it, and bought the Veo
product. The picture is superior, has far end camera control,
and can send audio.

The only problem is that you cannot do motion detection
with it. The Dlink had something for that, but it always
triggered even at the lowest sensitivity, so was not
really usable.