My homenetworking just is'nt Please help!!!

Old September 1st 03, 11:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Floyd

Default My homenetworking just is'nt Please help!!!

I hope some wise person can help!!! I have a generic usb wifi adaptor for my
desktop and a generic pc card for my laptop. I would like for the latter to
share my broadband connection, to do so, would my desktop have to be on. It
is situated in my bedroom, and I usually have my laptop in the frontroom,
the sort of network I'm thinking of is peer to peer, I'm not necessarly
interested in sharing files or a printer. Plus in terms of my pc's, I have a
firewall installed on both, will that prevent the broadband/network
connecting?

Tia
Floyd

Old September 1st 03, 11:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Hewitt

If you're sharing the broadband through the PC then it will need to be
switched on. You can buy a broadband router if you don't want this setup.

It varies from firewall to firewall but it should merely be a matter of
trusting the itnernal network