Sharing NTL Broadband Connection

Old September 2nd 03, 08:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Captain Paraletic

Default Sharing NTL Broadband Connection

I use a wireless network using NTL via cable modem... no problems with
it... (Linsys wireless G broadband routet)..
I was looking yesterday and it seems NTL is actually doinga deal with
linsys..

Have a look at http://www.ntlworld.com/linksys/

CP

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:39:10 +0100, Andy wrote:

Hi

My daughter is moving into a house for Uni soon which has NTL Broadband provided
via a single ethernet connection from the back of the box for cable television.
I want to prepare to share the connection between 4 or 5 computers using either
an ethernet hub or possibly a wireless AP. I have reasonable experience with
copper networking and some wireless networking but know nothing of what NTL and
their equipment provide. Can anyone advise me what I will need to share this
connection or direct me to a site where I can find out?

Cheers - Andy

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather,
not kicking and screaming like those in the back
of his car....
Old September 11th 03, 07:59 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Hywel Owen

But have you seen the price!? 99 for the USB adapter is taking the p*** a
bit. It's half that from most online retailers (e.g. www.amazon.co.uk).

NTL/BEFW11S4 is a nice way to link things together though - very easy to set
(10 minutes - honestly!). Any tips on increasing the range of a BEFW11S4
box? I can't find anywhere that sell Linksys wireless signal boosters in the
UK, and don't know what antenna to use otherwise.

Can anyone point me toward sites on how to set up 'repeater' stations? This
is bridging, isn't it? What I'd like is a simple way to wirelessly relay an
NTL connection a long way through two buildings - can I set up Linksys kit
to do this?

Thanks,

Hywel