Port forwarding problem with Toshiba WBG-1200A router

Old September 3rd 03, 11:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nathan

Default Port forwarding problem with Toshiba WBG-1200A router

Help!

I've got a Toshiba WBG-1200A wireless ADSL router, hasn't given me any
trouble since I've had it until now. I'm trying to get it to port forward
via it's web config but I'll be buggered if it wants to play ball. I've
tried FTP on port 21 and 8080, HTTP on 80 and 8080, and nothing gets through
it. It's not like the config screen is particularly complex, just name the
port forwarding something obvious (like ftp or http), enter the port number
and local IP address that you want it to forward to. My base config is
Router -WinXP via ethernet cable, and a W2K laptop via wireless, both with
DHCP. Within my LAN I can ftp and browse my webserver, but I can't get past
the router at all via it's internet IP address. Telnet doesn't even get
through. I've tried turning off the DHCP on the router and using a static
IP address but still nothing.

Any ideas would be appreciated - I've really hit a brick wall.

Thanks
Nathan

Old September 4th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
qqq

R u trying to get into your network from route location?

Sometimes ISP's block some of these ports particularly 80 to stop u running
a wbeserver

Can you access your home network from a remote location without the router
in position ?

Also some routers use 8080 for there own use I know that this is the case
with either Belkin or Linksys

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Nathan in :

[...]

Is it asking you for a remote port on the lan side? For example:

Source port: 21
Dest machine: 192.168.1.4
Dest port: 21

Also check you have latest firmware.