ICS with VPN... 98se vs XP

Old September 4th 03, 11:47 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
andy gardner

Default ICS with VPN... 98se vs XP

I have a home network with various client computers accessing the internet
via ICS on a win98se server... one of the clients machines (mine) also
accesses
work via a VPN... all ok... though I find the win98se a bit flaky...

I was going to upgrade the server to win Xp and run ICS from here... however
I noted on http://practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/ the following
warning
regarding XP ICS...

"WARNING #4: If you establish a Virtual Private Networking (VPN) connection
while sharing a different connection, the client computers won't be able
to access the Internet until the VPN connection is ended."

What does this actually mean?

does it mean that if a VPN is established over ICS
from a user on the ICS server that noone else can access the internet? What
if
an ICS client machine establishes a vpn via the ICS server... will that also
block
other users of ICS for the duration.

Is this all different to ICS on 98se?

thanks Andy