Network Access Permissions

Old September 5th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Arfie

Default Network Access Permissions

Can somebody please help me, this is driving me nuts!

I've just purchased a Wireless ADSL Modem & Router (Origo AWR - 8210) and a
PCMCIA Card, to enable me to network my PC and Laptop and have access to
broadband, through either or both independently of each other.

The Router is wired to the PC with RJ11(?) and obviously the laptop is
wireless.

Currently, both can access the internet even at the same time, but I cannot
get them to network together.

On the laptop, in network connections I get "\\PC is not accessible. You
might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions"

The laptop can see that the PC is there, but cannot access it, but the PC
doesn't even recognise the presence of the Laptop. I have tried amongst
other things:

Shared drives and folders on both machines
Turned on and off Windows XP firewall (both use XP Home)
Turned on and off Norton Firewall

But nothing seems to work, any idea's guys?

Arfie

Old September 6th 03, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Icky

Sorry I can't help with this but I have exactly the same problem but on a
wired network The desktop can see the laptop but no access is possible. The
laptop cannot see the desktop. I get the same message as Arfie. Both access
the internet ok. I also have turned off all firewalls. Does the set-up need
a hub as well as the router please?

Old September 6th 03, 01:10 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Arfie

Sorted now!

must have turned Windows firewall back on, on the laptop and forgot, removed
it and BINGO, full networking!

Thanks anyway.

Arfie