Chasing walls

Old September 7th 03, 12:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Britman

Default Chasing walls

Alright peeps,
Following on from the running cables under floors thread I have a few
questions about cables in walls.

How deep should you chase the wall. Is plaster depth good enough or should
you really go deeper? ie: into brick.

How far away from other cables and pipes one should your have your Cat5e?

Does having the cable in the walls degrade the performance?

Britman
Clan - http://www.alphasiege.co.uk

---

Old September 7th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

neil wrote:
Go wireless lot less bother

Not if you are redecorating anyway , and it costs a good deal more for lower
performance.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Nick LeLievre should show up with computer parts and a promise
, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk