Slow network connection

Old September 7th 03, 06:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Derek

Default Slow network connection

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:20:00 +0100, Derek
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:53:23 GMT, "Si"
wrote:

I have connected a win2k pc to my hub which my winXP pc is connected to,
they can see each other fine and both have 10/100 NIC's.
I wanted to move 6gb of files from one to the other and it's telling me it
will take 2days!! In windows task manager the network is using 1% of 10mb!!
Is there something slowing this down like my virus checker or something
else, if it is my virus checker surely it would be quicker than this(and
i've tried turning this of to no avail).
Anyone enlighten my on what's going on??

You'll probably find that one or the other has the network card set to
full duplex: Switch them to half duplex, and see if that fixes the
problem.

Curses: Only saw Rob's reply when I updated after posting.

it's possible that you will have to reboot after switching the cards
to half duplex. Some cards just need to be reset after having their
parameters tweaked.

Derek
--
"Who's the freak in the tights?"
"Haven't been in Gotham long, have you kid?"