Slow network connection

Old September 7th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Si

Default Slow network connection

Derek

OK, I've tried that. Set them both to 10mb/half duplex and re-booted both.
It's still copying over at 0.66% of 10mb.

Si

Old September 7th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Derek

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:38:57 +0100, "Si"
wrote:

Derek

OK, I've tried that. Set them both to 10mb/half duplex and re-booted both.
It's still copying over at 0.66% of 10mb.

Some Questions (in parallel with Rob's):

What are the machine specs?

Are both up to date on Windows Updates?

Are you seeing a high rate of collisions on the network?

Are you running a real-time virus scanner? Which one?

Are you running a firewall? Which one?

Do you have the Winzip installed? Are the Explorer Enhancements turned
on?

What are the values in the following 4 registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\LanmanServe r\Parameters\RequireSecuritySignature
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\LanmanServe r\Parameters\EnableSecuritySignature
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\Lanmanworks tation\Parameters\RequireSecuritySignature
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\Lanmanworks tation\Parameters\EnableSecuritySignature

(Sorry if this seems aggressive, but I'm not seeing this kind of
problem here, on my network, or at the day job, beyond
misconfiguration, but I'm getting a lot of questions about it).

Derek
--
To err is human... to really foul things up add kitten and stir.