Slow network connection

Old September 7th 03, 05:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Si

Default Slow network connection

I've just tried a x-over cable between the two boxes to see if it was the
hub and it's still slow.

"Si" wrote in message
I have connected a win2k pc to my hub which my winXP pc is connected to,
they can see each other fine and both have 10/100 NIC's.
I wanted to move 6gb of files from one to the other and it's telling me it
will take 2days!! In windows task manager the network is using 1% of

10mb!!
Is there something slowing this down like my virus checker or something
else, if it is my virus checker surely it would be quicker than this(and
i've tried turning this of to no avail).
Anyone enlighten my on what's going on??

Thanks
Si