False MAC Address

Old September 7th 03, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.win98.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default False MAC Address

Netgear WG602 54mbs AP and WG511 54mbs PC card

I've got a strange problem, the PC card was previously working fine
but owing to a holiday has been out of my machine for two weeks.

Plugged it in today and it would not connect, when scanning channels
36, 40 and 44 showed as being scanned as well as others but no
connection.

In Ad Hoc mode it showed as connected but no signal, here's the
strange bit though, it has reported false MAC addresses for itself and
the Access Point. Although it shows as connected I cannot PING it.

The card and AP are only 4 weeks old, I know the AP is working OK as I
have a handheld with WiFi card and that is working fine.

I suspect the PC card is malfunctioning but if anyone has any ideas
I'd be grateful.

Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club - Hertfordshire, UK
www.whcc.co.uk - Online facilities for non locals