Wireless Adapter

Old September 9th 03, 03:13 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.certification.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
John River

Default Wireless Adapter

Hi

I have 2 Atmel wireless adaters (cheap) and am unable to Internet share 2
computers.
I also have 2 Belkin one's (good quality) and they are failing to.
My question is - is there a website with a step by step guide on home
networking with wireless adapters.

Both pc's are running XP and i am on broardband 600KB

This wireless networking isn't as straight forward as they make out!!!

Thanks

John

Old September 10th 03, 01:19 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.certification.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
Cisco_Kid

John,
Are you running these in adhoc mode or are they connected to each other
through an AP unit?

Cisco_Kid

"John River" wrote in message
Hi

I have 2 Atmel wireless adaters (cheap) and am unable to Internet share 2
computers.
I also have 2 Belkin one's (good quality) and they are failing to.
My question is - is there a website with a step by step guide on home
networking with wireless adapters.

Both pc's are running XP and i am on broardband 600KB

This wireless networking isn't as straight forward as they make out!!!

Thanks

John

Old September 10th 03, 03:35 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.certification.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
John River

Sorry Ad-Hoc
I spent 30 mins on the phone to Belkin this morning but it still will not
connect

"John River" wrote in message
Hi

I have 2 Atmel wireless adaters (cheap) and am unable to Internet share

2
computers.
I also have 2 Belkin one's (good quality) and they are failing to.
My question is - is there a website with a step by step guide on home
networking with wireless adapters.

Both pc's are running XP and i am on broardband 600KB

This wireless networking isn't as straight forward as they make out!!!

Thanks

John

Old September 10th 03, 06:53 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.certification.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
Cisco_Kid

You may need to create a workgroup environment for these two systems. Can
they see each other at all? Did you set them up with the same SSID in the
wireless client card config? You may also want to force them to use a
specific channel (if possible) and make sure that you're using the same for
both cards. Let us know how it goes...

-Cisco

"John River" wrote in message
Hi

I have 2 Atmel wireless adaters (cheap) and am unable to Internet

share
2
computers.
I also have 2 Belkin one's (good quality) and they are failing to.
My question is - is there a website with a step by step guide on home
networking with wireless adapters.

Both pc's are running XP and i am on broardband 600KB

This wireless networking isn't as straight forward as they make out!!!

Thanks

John

Old September 11th 03, 03:23 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.certification.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
John River

I have done all that and set up different SSID's with both card's viewing
each others
SSID's so it seems that the signal is getting across but can i use ICS? can
i hell!!

John