Remote BT Access - Wireless

Old September 9th 03, 10:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Philip Herlihy

Default Remote BT Access - Wireless

Pete wrote:
In article , Philip Herlihy
says...

Try this:

http://sale-depot.co.uk/electronics/item/B00008PS63/

Or search in Google for :
dect cordless phone modem
and similar terms.

Thanks Phil that was exactly what I was looking for.
Spent ages browsing about for similar items fruitlessly.

Came up with a system using the house ringmain but you
have to use the PC and Adapter on the same ring. Unfortunately
my shed is sepperate so it was no use. This seems like it will
do the trick.

If anyone knows anything about this item I'd appreciate a comment
or two.

Thanks

Pete

It's worth adding that there may be a better solution - these DECT modems
are slower than a direct connection. I did nose around looking for a
wireless modem for Plain Old Telephone Service (rather than broadband ADSL)
but couldn't find one. Assuming you don't want to pay almost 30 per month
for broadband, if such a thing exists, it would give you a noticably faster
connection than the DECT option. Might be worth contacting one of the big
suppliers, like Dabs.com for advice?

--
## PH, London ##