Win XP pro and Win2000

Old September 10th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mr. Nangla

Default Win XP pro and Win2000

Hey,

How am I able to network these to PCs? The set-up I want is the Win2000 PC
accessing the interent through the XP, and file sharing. The Network set-up
Wizard doesn't work on Win2000 and both on the same workgroup.

I've tried clicking on 'obtain IP address automatically' and also manually
configuration:
Win XP pro = 192.168.0.1
255.255.255.0
Win2000 = 192.168.0.2
255.255.255.0
(note. I've also ticked enable NetBIOS on
Both)

All I get is nothing in network places/neighbourhood, what about: DEFAULT
GATEWAY, DNS, WINS etc?

Cheers,

sham126

Old September 11th 03, 09:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robin Goodfellow

"Mr. Nangla" wrote in message
Hey,

How am I able to network these to PCs? The set-up I want is the Win2000 PC
accessing the interent through the XP, and file sharing. The Network

set-up
Wizard doesn't work on Win2000 and both on the same workgroup.

I've tried clicking on 'obtain IP address automatically' and also manually
configuration:
Win XP pro = 192.168.0.1
255.255.255.0
Win2000 = 192.168.0.2
255.255.255.0
(note. I've also ticked enable NetBIOS on
Both)

All I get is nothing in network places/neighbourhood, what about: DEFAULT
GATEWAY, DNS, WINS etc?

Cheers,

sham126

In Xp start the wizzard, at the end it will ask you if you would like to
make a disc to configure other computers, make the disc and run it in the
2000 machine, that will set it up for you and save you having to do it
manually.

If you want to do it manually, have you got file and printer sharing
installed? You can check in the properties of your network connection. On
the Xp machine you will also have to enable your internet connection to be
shared. The DNS servers will be the ISP DNS servers, your gaetway will be
the IP of the XP machine.

Old September 12th 03, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mr. Nangla

Hey,
Unfortunately the XP network network doesn't run on windows 2000.

sham126