Setting up home network

Old September 13th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Goyan

Default Setting up home network

I have now signed up the F2S broadband and order a Origon ADSL router....
now I am running 3 comp at home: my main PC and my laptop both running XP,
another PC running RedHat... Now I am thinking adding something wireless at
home, so I can access Internet even from my toilet....

What do i need for that? can I just add a wireless access point to the
router?

I only subscribe a single static IP plan, if all the comp are connected to
the router, which comp will be addressed with the static IP?

Thanks for your time and help!

Old September 14th 03, 12:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:45:12 +0100, "Goyan"
wrote:

I have now signed up the F2S broadband and order a Origon ADSL router....
now I am running 3 comp at home: my main PC and my laptop both running XP,
another PC running RedHat... Now I am thinking adding something wireless at
home, so I can access Internet even from my toilet....

What do i need for that? can I just add a wireless access point to the
router?

I only subscribe a single static IP plan, if all the comp are connected to
the router, which comp will be addressed with the static IP?

I've got a Linux/Win98 machine on 192.168.0.1, an ME machine on
192.168.0.2 an XP laptop on 0.3 - the same laptop on WiFi on 0.4 and a
handheld on 0.5

I issue those IP addresses as I do not have a DHCP server running.

Geoff Lane

Old September 14th 03, 02:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Goyan

So I just plug in the wap to the router?

"Geoff Lane" ???
???...