Network wizard giving error

Old September 14th 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
DB

Default Network wizard giving error

I have a Linksys Etherfast wireless access point + Cable/DSL Router with 4
port switch connected to my main PC and cable modem. My Laptop has a linksys
network PC card in it. Both computers running WinXP. I can access the
internet no problem from my PC and my Laptop, but what I cannot do is access
my files, folders and printer from my laptop. If I go into "my network
places" then "view workgroup computers all I can see is the computer I'm on.
I think the problem arises when I run the network wizard. As it is running
on my main PC it comes up with the following error:
Spooler Subsysstem App has encounterd a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.
When I run the network wizard on my laptop it goes through OK. I have made
sure that the workgroup is MSHome on each machine. Can you help me fix this.
I have reformatted my main PC's hard drive to see if that would make a
difference but I still get the same error message. If you can tell me how to
do the networking without running the network wizard I will do that but you
will have to keep it simple. Hope you can help.
Many thanks
Dave