ADSL line protection

Old September 20th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan Reeve

Default ADSL line protection

At the moment my dial up line is surge protected thru a UPS. When I get
broadband can I fit the microfilter to the lineout from the UPS thuis
keeping my system protected on both analogue and digital modems?

Al Reeve

---

Old September 20th 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AWM

"Alan Reeve" wrote in message
At the moment my dial up line is surge protected thru a UPS. When I get
broadband can I fit the microfilter to the lineout from the UPS thuis
keeping my system protected on both analogue and digital modems?

Al Reeve

---

Can't be sure without knowing the details of the surge protection but
should be OK.
The filter is for the the voice side of the telephone not the ADSL --
although normally ADSL USB modems only come with an RJ11 plug to go into a
filter, you can plug an ADSL modem (or modem router) either straight into
telephone line socket or into the RJ11 side of the filter.

Old September 21st 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ric

Alan Reeve wrote:
At the moment my dial up line is surge protected thru a UPS. When I
get broadband can I fit the microfilter to the lineout from the UPS
thuis keeping my system protected on both analogue and digital modems?

Al Reeve

---

you can, but it won't make an awful lot of difference...