Newbie wireless network question

Old September 21st 03, 07:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Slaphead

Default Newbie wireless network question

Hi

I want to set up a wireless network at home and would like some advice on
what hardware I should get. I have 2 desktop PCs, one win98 the other winXP.
I also have a winXP laptop. The winXP desktop is connected to a printer and
accesses the net with a 56k modem. I want to share these with the other pc
and laptop. I will eventually be getting broadband (when it's cheap enough)
but want to access the net with the 56k modem for now. Also, the winXP
machine has no free pci slots but does have usb
slots.

Can you advise on what is the best approach and what I need to buy. I'm not
particularly looking for the cheapest option but what would suit best.

Cheers

Mike

Old September 22nd 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ntl: Victim

Hmmm with a 56k connection....

Tin cans and long pieces of string spring to mind

Old September 24th 03, 01:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PhilM

I will eventually be getting broadband
(when it's cheap enough)

It's only 3 -4 quid a month more than the normal all-inclusive monthly dial
up cost, PLUS - you can still use the phone so no more family arguments on
that score..... go BB, ya'll wonder how you stuck a 56k for so long, believe
me!