Playstation2 via win98 ICS to XP ICS

Old September 21st 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cedders

Default Playstation2 via win98 ICS to XP ICS

My son wants to connect his PS2 to the internet via the PC in his room and
has bought an ethernet adaptor. His PC is running win98SE and connects via a
wireless USB link to my PC running XP Pro which shares its internet
broadband connection . Its a wireless peer to peer ad-hoc connection. There
is an unused ethernet card in the Win98 PC which will be used to connect the
playstation via a crossover cable.

Question
Can my sons Win98 PC share its internet connection to the PS2 by installing
ICS? Bear in mind that the Win98 PC is currently the 'client' of an ICS
arrangement with my XP pro PC.

If ICS is not the solution is there any specific router type software?

I could - if I had to - install XP Pro and Bridge the two connection. I was
hoping not to bother and get away with ICS on Win98.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Cedders

---