setting up Overnet (edonkey) with belkin router

Old September 24th 03, 08:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tracy Ramsden

Default setting up Overnet (edonkey) with belkin router

im trying to get overnet to bypass my belkin 4 port router firewall so I get
descent connections. ive looked on google but being a bit of a goon I cant
seeme to get it to work. I know it involves UDP & TCP ports & I know the
values but cant seem to set up the virtual server or special application
settings

Please help

Tracy

Old September 24th 03, 11:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Clark

"Tracy Ramsden" wrote in message
im trying to get overnet to bypass my belkin 4 port router firewall so I

get
descent connections. ive looked on google but being a bit of a goon I cant
seeme to get it to work. I know it involves UDP & TCP ports & I know the
values but cant seem to set up the virtual server or special application
settings

Please help

Tracy

Forward 4661, 4662, 4665 and 4672 to your Internal IP

Old September 25th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Colin Soames

"Tracy Ramsden" wrote in message
sorry bit of a newbie do I put that in my private or public port or both

Both. You need to go to the "Virtual Server" option on the Belkin set-up
menu and then associate the edonley public ports with the private ports of
your computers Private IP. So if the Belkin DHCP has allocated your PC the
Private IP address of 192.168.2.32, you need to set private port 4662,
protocol TCP to be linked to public port 4662. And the same for the other
TCP/UDP ports that edonkey uses.

Old September 25th 03, 08:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tracy Ramsden

cheers got it sussed now
woohoo its sooo much faster

Tracy