Help in setting up a wireless network

Old September 25th 03, 03:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christopher Hay

Default Help in setting up a wireless network

Hi,

I amwanting to setup a wireless network in my house. I have NTL Broadband
and I am using 2 laptops. Now, I know i would need 2 pcimcia cards and a
wireless router but how hard is it to setup and is there anything else that
I need.

Thanking you all in advance

Chris

Old September 26th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Captain Paraletic

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:06:29 +0100, "Christopher Hay"
wrote:

Hi,

I amwanting to setup a wireless network in my house. I have NTL Broadband
and I am using 2 laptops. Now, I know i would need 2 pcimcia cards and a
wireless router but how hard is it to setup and is there anything else that
I need.

Thanking you all in advance

Chris

I have installed (if that is the word) a couple of Linksys broadband
54G routers ... it is essentially plug them in.. put CD in and away
you go.
All you need is a power supply near your cable inlet for the router
thats about it.
Also I think NTL is actually doing a "special" for these routers..

have a look at http://www.ntlworld.com/linksys/

Cp

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather,
not kicking and screaming like those in the back
of his car....
Old September 26th 03, 01:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alec

wrote:

Hi,

I amwanting to setup a wireless network in my house. I have NTL Broadband
and I am using 2 laptops. Now, I know i would need 2 pcimcia cards and a
wireless router but how hard is it to setup and is there anything else

that
I need.

Thanking you all in advance

Chris

I have installed (if that is the word) a couple of Linksys broadband
54G routers ... it is essentially plug them in.. put CD in and away
you go.
All you need is a power supply near your cable inlet for the router
thats about it.
Also I think NTL is actually doing a "special" for these routers..

have a look at http://www.ntlworld.com/linksys/

Just a link to Simply site. Usual price which you can get from other online
sources.

Alec

Old September 26th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Captain Paraletic

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:12:47 +0100, "Alec"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Oops, sorry if I misled you... I was pointing to this NTL site as it
gives you some idea what wireless is all about. I agree with Alec you
probably can get it as cheap from other sources