XP home network problems

Old September 25th 03, 03:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
NewsGuru

Default XP home network problems

I have a home network set up on Windows XP. I want to alter the IP
address of one of the PCs, but when I go to the Network Connections
screen, highlight my LAN and then try to "View status of this
connection" I get nothing. When I try to "change settings of this
connection" it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred". Can anyone
help, please?