router confusion

Old September 25th 03, 12:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BobSt

Default router confusion

If the router is connecting to your ISP OK then leave these blank.
Cheers
Bob

"bibber" wrote in message
hi all , was wondering if any of you can help,

not a biggie but just want to know

got a router set up, sharing internet on 3 pc's and a lappy
all's running fine and can share files/play games on all machines but on

my
routers config i have
2 setting which i dont know what to put in,

i.p address ....ok
subnet mask ..ok
host name.......??????
domain name..??????

so what should i put into the ??????'s

thanks for any info

bob

Old September 26th 03, 11:34 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:24:17 +0100, "bibber" wrote:

hi all , was wondering if any of you can help,

not a biggie but just want to know

got a router set up, sharing internet on 3 pc's and a lappy
all's running fine and can share files/play games on all machines but on my
routers config i have
2 setting which i dont know what to put in,

i.p address ....ok
subnet mask ..ok
host name.......??????
domain name..??????

so what should i put into the ??????'s

I'm getting a router soon so am interested in any answers.

If a computer is acting as a server generally the host name is the
name of the computer, haven't a clue what the router's host name is.

Geoff Lane