Connect company laptop to home pc

Old September 26th 03, 07:31 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
AWM

Default Connect company laptop to home pc

"nilanjan" wrote in message
m...
Hi!

I have been searching this newsgroup but cant resolve this.

I have a company Win2K laptop setup to a company domain account which
I have been told not to change.

I have a WinNT desktop as home PC.

I have admin accounts on both PCs, but not on domains. I have enabled
guest accounts. I have set the WORKGROUP on my home NT to match the
domain.

I can ping the IP addresses OK.

Objective is to share file folders. But cannot !!!

From office win2k laptop :
tried "net use \\ntmachine/user:administrator"
or "net use \\IP/.."
Error 67 Network name cannot be found

tried "net use IP/user:administrator"
Error 53 Network path was not found

Try adding the netbui protocol to both machines --- this should work unless
you want use ICS