TransPort Gateway

Old September 27th 03, 02:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob

Default TransPort Gateway

I have recently purchased a TransPort AirWay WiFi Wireless
LAN Access Point/Gateway. My current ADSL Modem is a USB
only device and does not have an Ethernet Port into which I
can connect the TransPort Unit. So I tried connecting the
TransPort to my main PC's internal PCI Ethernet Card but I
am not getting the yellow lights indicating an Ethernet
Connection between PC and TransPort. The green light on the
TransPort lights up indicating power supply is okay.
However, my LapTop which has a wireless LAN PCMCIA card
installed is able to pick up the wireless signal from the
TransPort, but I am unable to share my Broadband Internet
connection on my PC or share files with my laptop.

Have I got this wrong somewhere or does the TransPort
clearly NOT allow a direct ethernet connection with the PC
to function for purposes of Internet Connection and File
Sharing between my PC and my Laptop?

What I wish to achieve is the following connection:
Internet to ADSL Modem to... (USB cable)...main PC to
.....(Ethernet Patch Cable)...TransPort Gateway Unit
to....(wireless).... LapTop

Could anyone please advise if this is feasible and what I
should do to get my setup to work If not possible, then can
you advise what hardware and setup I will need? I will be
most grateful for advice and assistance.