Can I 'cascade' ICS on Win98SE

Old September 28th 03, 02:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cedders

Default Can I 'cascade' ICS on Win98SE

If I have a win98se machine as a 'client' sharing the internet connection
from an XP Pro machine (via wireless USB) - can i plug another machine into
my Win98SE ethernet port and share its internet connection? I've already
tried installing ICS and it assigns the 192.168.0.0 range of IP adresses
which seems to conflict with the same range (not suprising) on my XP Pro PC
and my win98 then can't seem to see the USB wireless card.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Thanks

Cedders

---

Old September 28th 03, 04:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Cedders wrote:
If I have a win98se machine as a 'client' sharing the internet
connection from an XP Pro machine (via wireless USB) - can i plug
another machine into my Win98SE ethernet port and share its internet
connection? I've already tried installing ICS and it assigns the
192.168.0.0 range of IP adresses which seems to conflict with the
same range (not suprising) on my XP Pro PC and my win98 then can't
seem to see the USB wireless card.

You can't do it that way , but you can add an extra NIC to the XP machine
and run two clients off it.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Old September 28th 03, 04:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Cedders wrote:
If I have a win98se machine as a 'client' sharing the internet connection
from an XP Pro machine (via wireless USB) - can i plug another machine into
my Win98SE ethernet port and share its internet connection? I've already
tried installing ICS and it assigns the 192.168.0.0 range of IP adresses
which seems to conflict with the same range (not suprising) on my XP Pro PC
and my win98 then can't seem to see the USB wireless card.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Use something more flexible than ICS - WinRoute provides NAT and
firewalling, but something like AnalogX Proxy could be enough for your
needs.