ICS Nightmare PS

Old September 30th 03, 09:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Will Light

Default ICS Nightmare PS

I have ZoneAlarm running on both machines - host ZA is set to Host settings,
client ZA is set to Client settings. Zone Alarm is finding another network
at address 198.168.0.0 or so it says - I added that to the Trusted domain,
but no joy. I have also tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm from the client machine
and disabling it on the host machine, but still no luck. Should I remove ZA
all together do you think?

Will Light

Old September 30th 03, 12:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Will Light wrote:
I have ZoneAlarm running on both machines - host ZA is set to Host settings,
client ZA is set to Client settings. Zone Alarm is finding another network
at address 198.168.0.0 or so it says - I added that to the Trusted domain,
but no joy. I have also tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm from the client machine
and disabling it on the host machine, but still no luck. Should I remove ZA
all together do you think?

Yes - see my previous post.
Old September 30th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tony

Will Light wrote in message
I have ZoneAlarm running on both machines - host ZA is set to Host

settings,
client ZA is set to Client settings. Zone Alarm is finding another network
at address 198.168.0.0 or so it says - I added that to the Trusted domain,
but no joy. I have also tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm from the client

machine
and disabling it on the host machine, but still no luck. Should I remove

ZA
all together do you think?

Will Light

I've just had a playaround with ICS with Zonealarm switched on and with its
default settings, ICS wouldn't work. Had to change the Firewall internet
zone setting to medium on both host and client.

I still prefer 602Pro LAN (http://www.software602.com/products/ls/) which
works fine with Zonealarm and allows AVG antivirus to plug in and scan
emails as they are received - all freebies!!