Wireless Network

Old September 30th 03, 10:58 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan H.

Default Wireless Network

Want to try networking and wondered,
I have two PC`s running XP Pro, main PC has broadband connection (Alcatel)
and printer, could both PC`s use internet/printer/share-view files with a
D-link Air wireless network card in each, or do I have to have a router ??
Thanx

---

Old September 30th 03, 10:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tony

Alan H. wrote in message
Want to try networking and wondered,
I have two PC`s running XP Pro, main PC has broadband connection

(Alcatel)
and printer, could both PC`s use internet/printer/share-view files with a
D-link Air wireless network card in each, or do I have to have a router ??
Thanx

Yes it will work when set in adhoc mode

Old October 1st 03, 09:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:58:24 +0000 (UTC), "Alan H."
wrote:

Want to try networking and wondered,
I have two PC`s running XP Pro, main PC has broadband connection (Alcatel)
and printer, could both PC`s use internet/printer/share-view files with a
D-link Air wireless network card in each, or do I have to have a router ??
Thanx

Networking is a bug, once you are hooked two individual cards wont be
enough for you :-))))

An Access Point makes it all easier and there are quite a few offers
around now whereby you buy an access point and a card of some
description is cheaper or free.

I bought a Netgear AP recently, the PC card was half price.

Geoff Lane