How do I change Wi-Fi channel?

Old September 30th 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anon

Default How do I change Wi-Fi channel?

Hi, I'd like to change the channel on my wireless peer-to-peer network but
can't work out how. How do I do it, exactly? Thanks in advance.

Joe

Old October 2nd 03, 01:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anon

Anyone? :|

Old October 2nd 03, 04:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robert Peacock

"Anon" [email protected] com wrote in message
Anyone? :|

"Anon" [email protected] com wrote in message
Hi, I'd like to change the channel on my wireless peer-to-peer network

but
can't work out how. How do I do it, exactly? Thanks in advance.

Joe

For mine its.. control panel : network : find card in
list....properties...... and then there is a configuration tab

HTH

Robert

Old October 2nd 03, 06:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anon

On Windows XP all I can find is Control PanelNetwork
Connections[card]PropertiesConfigureAdvanced and then I see a lot of
config options, one of which is "IBSS Channel", but when I change it from 11
to 1, it still connects using channel 11. Is that the right option and if
so, why isn't it changing it?

Thanks in advance.