USB Wireless Adapter

Old October 3rd 03, 01:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking
Geoff Lane

Default USB Wireless Adapter

I want to buy a USB Wireless adapter for use on a number of machines.

This might be a dumb question but here goes anyway, I appreciate the
software needs to be installed on each machine it is used on but are
the settings stored on the host computer or in the USB device.

Geoff Lane

Old October 3rd 03, 04:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking
Sunil Sood

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
I want to buy a USB Wireless adapter for use on a number of machines.

This might be a dumb question but here goes anyway, I appreciate the
software needs to be installed on each machine it is used on but are
the settings stored on the host computer or in the USB device.

Would be the host computer...

Regards
Sunil

Old October 3rd 03, 10:57 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking
Geoff Lane

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 04:35:04 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

I want to buy a USB Wireless adapter for use on a number of machines.

This might be a dumb question but here goes anyway, I appreciate the
software needs to be installed on each machine it is used on but are
the settings stored on the host computer or in the USB device.

Would be the host computer...

Good, thanks.

I want to buy one for use at a computer club that has a new wireless
network connected to our wired system.

Geoff Lane