one way TCP/IP ? NetBEUI OK over 211.g

Old October 4th 03, 02:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bof

Default one way TCP/IP ? NetBEUI OK over 211.g

I have a wired network with a laptop running Win ME, a desktop running
Win XP, a Vigor 2600 ADSL router, all this works fine.

I've just added a Netgear WG602 WAP to the wired network and a Netgear
WG511 PCI card to the laptop.

Having unplugged the wired connection from the laptop, the wireless
network seems to work fine under NetBEUI, I can move files both ways
between the machines.

However there is a problem with the IP connection, from the desktop I
can ping the laptop and get a response, but the laptop cannot ping the
desktop and the laptop is unable to access the Internet via ADSL.

From the laptop I can ping the IP addy of the wireless PCI card and ping
the IP of the wired NIC, but cannot ping the IP of the WAP.

If I plug laptop back into the physical network everything's fine again.

Everything has been simultaneously powered down and restarted and the
firewalls on the laptop and desktop disabled, no joy.

One time the system spontaneously started working and kept working until
everything was powered down and restarted.

Anyone else had anything like this, any suggestions? The one way ping
seems most odd.

MTIA

If replying by email see sig for details.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk