b & g living in harmony?

Old October 6th 03, 02:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
crom

Default b & g living in harmony?

I'm just about to install a wireless network at home, following our BT
exchange being upgraded to DSL - Hurrah!

However, I know I need to buy 11b because that's all that the Tivo
will take but I'd rather have 11g around the house for speed etc. I
understand that there have been problems with the network speed
reducing to the lowest common denominator and want to know if this has
now been sorted out. If so, can anyone point me in the right direction
of a router/ADSL modem that wont drop to b speed, as soon as I connect
the Tivo to it.

Many thanks,
Crom