Newbie Networking site required

Old October 7th 03, 11:32 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steven Campbell

Default Newbie Networking site required

Could someone point me in the right direction of an informative web site for
a newbie.

I was hoping to network my PC with my Daughter's via a wireless network but
don't think it will work due to the distance between them. (ground floor to
loft. Is there anyway to test this rather than buy the gear to find out it
doesn't work?)

So I have opted for cable but haven't a clue where to start i.e. what
equipment is needed.

Broadband isn't enabled in our area so I don't need the PC's to be on-line
at the same time but might need that option in the future.

Any good sites?

cheers

Steven.

please note reply email address is spoofed.

Old October 7th 03, 12:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Lord Shaolin

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
Could someone point me in the right direction of an informative web site

for
a newbie.

I was hoping to network my PC with my Daughter's via a wireless network

but
don't think it will work due to the distance between them. (ground floor

loft. Is there anyway to test this rather than buy the gear to find out it
doesn't work?)

So I have opted for cable but haven't a clue where to start i.e. what
equipment is needed.

Broadband isn't enabled in our area so I don't need the PC's to be on-line
at the same time but might need that option in the future.

Any good sites?

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/ is pretty much the best site

There are also many threads similar to your post he

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

HTH

--

-+ Shaolin +-
Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

.: http://www.security-forums.com :.

Old October 7th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Networkguy

Try here

www.wown.com

Old October 7th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steven Campbell

Thanks,
Lord Shaolin and Networkguy they sites look ideal at first glance.

cheers

Steven.