ICS with AOL

Old October 8th 03, 05:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc
Geoff Lane

Default ICS with AOL

I've offered to help a colleague set up a small network with Internet
Sharing over a wireless network.

Trouble is they have AOL.

How does one enable ICS with AOL, I'm not sure if it even shows up as
a Network Connection.

Geoff Lane

Old October 8th 03, 06:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc
Paul Mitchell

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
I've offered to help a colleague set up a small network with Internet
Sharing over a wireless network.

Trouble is they have AOL.

How does one enable ICS with AOL, I'm not sure if it even shows up as
a Network Connection.

Geoff Lane

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...oubleshoot.htm
scroll down to 3/7/00.
Paul

---

Old October 9th 03, 02:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc
Geoff Lane

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:19:59 +0100, "Paul Mitchell"
wrote:

I've offered to help a colleague set up a small network with Internet
Sharing over a wireless network.

Trouble is they have AOL.

How does one enable ICS with AOL, I'm not sure if it even shows up as
a Network Connection.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...oubleshoot.htm
scroll down to 3/7/00.
Paul

Very quick look as I'm off to work soon, there is no mention in that
article of a problem with AOL, it appears to relate to a reinstal of
ICS

Geoff Lane

Old October 9th 03, 02:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,microsoft.public.win98.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc
Geoff Lane

wrote:

I've offered to help a colleague set up a small network with Internet
Sharing over a wireless network.

Trouble is they have AOL.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...oubleshoot.htm
scroll down to 3/7/00.
Paul

Thought I was going mad, I replied saying the above article did NOT
mention AOL but explained about reinstalling ICS.

Seems to be two listings under the reference you showed.

1. 3/7/00 Having trouble getting AOL to work? Check the ICS Control
panel and make sure that the "Connect to the Internet Using" selection
is set to "AOL Adapter" and not "AOL Dial-up Adapter".

AND THIS ONE;

3/7/00 If you changed a network adapter (NIC, modem, etc.) and ICS
stopped working you may be able to edit the Registry and avoid a
Win98SE reinstall. This tip may also work if you've tried uninstalling
and reinstalling ICS and it still won't work. Go here for the
procedure.

Read the correct one now, thanks,

Geoff Lane