Is there such a thing as a USB to ethernet adaptor?

Old October 9th 03, 07:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gary Glencross

Default Is there such a thing as a USB to ethernet adaptor?

I've been given a present of a D-Link wireless router.

I already have a network of 2 PCs and wanted to add my laptop wirelessly.

I have a broadband USB modem though, and the new wireless router only has a
WAN port for connection of an ethernet modem.

How do I get round this? Can I buy some kind of simple adaptor which
changes my USB plug into an ethernet one?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Old October 9th 03, 08:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Gary Glencross wrote:
I've been given a present of a D-Link wireless router.

I already have a network of 2 PCs and wanted to add my laptop
wirelessly.

I have a broadband USB modem though, and the new wireless router only
has a WAN port for connection of an ethernet modem.

How do I get round this? Can I buy some kind of simple adaptor which
changes my USB plug into an ethernet one?

Hmmm , I know you can get them the other way round.

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk