Netgear Incorrect MAC addresses

Old October 13th 03, 04:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Netgear Incorrect MAC addresses

Anyone experienced Netgear products reporting incorrect MAC addresses.

I'm on my second Netgear PC card WG511, the first had to be returned
as it would not connect and was reporting varying MAC addresses.

The replacement is working OK but I'm now getting the incorrect MAC
addresses reported again.

I ran XP's Network Diagnostics and it reported my card as follows;

02 10 91 3B DF F4
02 10 91 B1 FF 9B
02 10 91 B8 11 90

All this was within minutes but I was disabling the card then
re-enabling it again to try and check something.

The WG511 configuration utility was also reporting an incorrect MAC
address for my Netgear WG602 Access Point.

This is driving me mad, I'm relatively new to WiFi and it is bad
enough trying to understand it all when the details are correct let
alone when I am getting flase readings.

I am awaiting a reply from netgear but will be surprised if they admit
to a software or hardware problem

Geoff Lane