Dlink DWL-G650 - Annoying blinking lights - is it just me?

Old October 18th 03, 05:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trust No OneŽ

Default Dlink DWL-G650 - Annoying blinking lights - is it just me?

Just took the plunge into wireless using Dlink Gear.

I'm using a Dlink DWL-G650 card in my laptop. There are 2 green lights on
the card which blink constantly during operation at around 1 second
intervals when connected to a network. If the card does not pick up a
network then the lights go into a strobe pattern.

These blinking lights during normal operation are driving me POTTY! They
are very distracting and next to impossible to ignore

I'm about to go for the duct tape.

Is it just me who find these lights distracting?

A better design idea would be to have the lights solid green during
operation.

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments