Gateway Fails

Old October 21st 03, 03:17 PM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Arun Sudhakaran

Default Gateway Fails

hi all,

i recently purchased a router to share my broad band connection. the
router works fine. i can access the net and services like msn yahoo without
a hitch. i've a web server running on my and ive configured a static ip
which has been added to the router. ive setup the virtual server for the WEB
SERVER to my pc. but im not a able to access the web page on my pc. the
network connection windows shows the gateway icon with its status
disabled.when i click on it to enable it it tries but fails. i tried static
and dynamic ip but with no luck. could anyone please help me with this
matter. it used to work with another router. ever since i changed the router
it doesnt work.

thanks
arun

Old October 21st 03, 10:41 PM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:17:54 +0100, "Arun Sudhakaran"
wrote:

hi all,

i recently purchased a router to share my broad band connection. the
router works fine. i can access the net and services like msn yahoo without
a hitch. i've a web server running on my and ive configured a static ip
which has been added to the router. ive setup the virtual server for the WEB
SERVER to my pc. but im not a able to access the web page on my pc. the
network connection windows shows the gateway icon with its status
disabled.when i click on it to enable it it tries but fails. i tried static
and dynamic ip but with no luck. could anyone please help me with this
matter. it used to work with another router. ever since i changed the router
it doesnt work.

Are you able to PING the machine with the web server on.

Also, have you got any firewalls blocking a server or something like
that.

Geoff Lane

Old October 22nd 03, 01:19 AM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Arun Sudhakaran

hi geoff,

im able to ping to my machine from others on the same network. im able to
ping to the ip address which i get from my ISP thats ok.the problem lies
between the router which isnt routing the web traffic to my machine. the
thing i got my router exchanged (with the same model) but it was working
fine and at that time the status of the Gateway was enabled.i think it has
something to do with windows..ne suggestions?

thanks
arun

Old October 22nd 03, 02:06 AM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Arun Sudhakaran

hi Geoff,

i finally managed to find what the problem was.Earlier id installed zone
alarm firewall and id disabled it. when i re enabled it started working
fine..my gateway got enabled and i dont have any problems now.
thanks for ur support.
arun

Old October 22nd 03, 06:43 PM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:06:06 +0100, "Arun Sudhakaran"
wrote:

hi Geoff,

i finally managed to find what the problem was.Earlier id installed zone
alarm firewall and id disabled it. when i re enabled it started working
fine..my gateway got enabled and i dont have any problems now.
thanks for ur support.
arun

No problem Arun,

I'm no expert and often one can learn from others persons problems.

Geoff Lane