Linksys PPS1UW print server problem

Old October 22nd 03, 06:08 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,uk.comp.home-networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking
Jonathan Ball

Default Linksys PPS1UW print server problem

I just got a Linksys PPS1UW 1-port USB print server.
It is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router.

I have two HP printers: a brand-new OfficeJet 6100
("all-in-one": printer/scanner/fax/copier), and a much
older DeskJet 970 Cse. The intent of the print server
is to share the OfficeJet 6100 between two computers
(Windows XP Pro and Windows ME), and retire the old
DeskJet.

The print server will not communicate with the new
OfficeJet 6100. It will communicate with the old
DeskJet, using the same USB cable to the printer and
the same ethernet cable to the router.

The OfficeJet 6100 works correctly when attached via
USB as a local printer on the XP machine (I haven't
tried it on the ME machine yet).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Old October 23rd 03, 05:02 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32,uk.comp.home-networking,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking
Jonathan Ball

I wrote to HP technical support on this, and they wrote
back to tell me that the OfficeJet 6100 will not work
with a print server.