Available Computers

Old October 22nd 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rich

Default Available Computers

Hi

Just setup a small wireless network of 3 computers, all is working
fine amazingly.

One of the computers is left on 24 / 7 but lately I've noticed it's
crashed and needs a reset to get back working. Is there any software
that would monitor each computer on my network and highlight if they
are working or not.

Something as simple as three small icons on the screen flashing once
every 10 seconds would do the job, but would say turn a different
colour if they failed to respond to a ping? I assume if ping's were
not workng then the machine would of crashed, or the network failed
which would need to be examined.

Any ideas of such software, ideally I would want it running all the
time on the 3 different computers all monitoring themselves.

Thanks.

Rich
Old October 23rd 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Rich wrote:
Hi

Just setup a small wireless network of 3 computers, all is working
fine amazingly.

One of the computers is left on 24 / 7 but lately I've noticed it's
crashed and needs a reset to get back working. Is there any software
that would monitor each computer on my network and highlight if they
are working or not.

Something as simple as three small icons on the screen flashing once
every 10 seconds would do the job, but would say turn a different
colour if they failed to respond to a ping? I assume if ping's were
not workng then the machine would of crashed, or the network failed
which would need to be examined.

Any ideas of such software, ideally I would want it running all the
time on the 3 different computers all monitoring themselves.

Here's some:

http://www.tools4ever.com/products/free/freeping/

http://www.idyle.com/software/internet/host-monitor/

http://danielclarke.com/peermonitor/