has any 1 ever cracked their modem???

Old October 25th 03, 04:35 AM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Dan Dan The Magic Man

Default has any 1 ever cracked their modem???

hi i know this is illegal but has any1 tried cracking their modem? i heard
sum friends talking about doing it to their NTL broadband connection?

cheers

Old October 25th 03, 04:02 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
George Hewitt

I have read documents on how it is actually done and in theory it looks like
it works.

In involves faking your CM into loading the config file from your local
computer via tftp instead of your ISPs servers.

I can't give any more info or links because I can't remember them.

Conor Turton wrote:
In article ,
says...
hi i know this is illegal but has any1 tried cracking their modem? i
heard sum friends talking about doing it to their NTL broadband
connection?

That'll be the bull**** urban myth where you allegedly upload a file
to NTLs modem rack and it removes the bandwidth restriction.

Isn't it funny how these same people never seem to have it working?

Old October 25th 03, 05:31 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Ollie

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:02:50 +0100, "George Hewitt"
wrote:

I have read documents on how it is actually done and in theory it looks like
it works.

In involves faking your CM into loading the config file from your local
computer via tftp instead of your ISPs servers.

I can't give any more info or links because I can't remember them.

Conor Turton wrote:
In article ,
says...
hi i know this is illegal but has any1 tried cracking their modem? i
heard sum friends talking about doing it to their NTL broadband
connection?

That'll be the bull**** urban myth where you allegedly upload a file
to NTLs modem rack and it removes the bandwidth restriction.

Isn't it funny how these same people never seem to have it working?

I cracked my modem with no problems at all. I trod on the blasted
thing!

Ollie
Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail.
Old October 25th 03, 05:49 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Neil Ellwood

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:31:10 +0000, Ollie wrote:

hi i know this is illegal but has any1 tried cracking their modem? i
heard sum friends talking about doing it to their NTL broadband
connection?

I cracked my modem with no problems at all. I trod on the blasted
thing!

Stop climbing on the desk.
--
Neil
My address is Spamless.
Old October 25th 03, 07:05 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
Conor Turton

In article ,
says...
I have read documents on how it is actually done and in theory it looks like
it works.

...if you're in the US.

--
Conor

Hi. This is my friend, Jack ****, and you don't know him.
Old October 25th 03, 07:22 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
lightning

it is possible and i have seen it done ..(from an ISP side i mean )
...although twas quite funny when said person gets disconnected and then
starts complaining !!!
believe me u can try ..but your service wont last for long !!
)

"Dan Dan The Magic Man" wrote in
message ...

Old October 25th 03, 09:21 PM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows,uk.comp.home-networking
George Hewitt

The principle seemed OK for UK providers also, except that in the UK the
ISPs seem to make more stringent monitoring for this occurrances.

"Conor Turton" wrote in message
In article ,
says...