Using Netgear DG824M Wireless ADSL Modem Router

Old October 25th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Wilfred Francis

Default Using Netgear DG824M Wireless ADSL Modem Router

Having a spot of bother with my Wireles ADSL Modem Router.

For the past seven months I have been using a DG814 ADSL Modem router with
two computers running W2K, connecting to my ISP (Freeserve) without any
problems. I now want to add a Laptop(W2K) to the network. Rather than put in
more cabling I decided to splash out on a DG824M Wireless ADSL Modem router
and adapter. On installing the router and the two computers, I am unable to
connect to the internet, even though all the indicators say I should. All
the lights show green including the ADSL connection. I compared the two
router settings and there is no difference. The 824 router was installed
using the setup wizard, as was the 814. Where on the 814 gateway status for
WAN shows my ISP's DHCP IP address, on the 824 it shows a blank.

Anyone have any ideas to why?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Wilfred