sharing only one way

Old October 26th 03, 12:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
steve B

Default sharing only one way

Hi all,
I have 3 xp pro machine connected using a zonet 4 port router. They are
getting their lan tcp-ip's automatically by xp, ranging from 192.168.8.17 -
192.168.8.19. the are all in an MSHOME workgroup and all have file sharing
on with all drive ticked to be shared.
The problem is that two machine can see each other and share files, they can
see the first but can not share or access its files. ( the error message is
"\\computer is not accessible. you might not have permission..."blar blar
blar).
This first machine however has unrestricted access to the other two and can
share anything on them.
Can anyone help

Old October 26th 03, 12:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

steve B wrote:
Hi all,
I have 3 xp pro machine connected using a zonet 4 port router. They are
getting their lan tcp-ip's automatically by xp, ranging from 192.168.8.17 -
192.168.8.19. the are all in an MSHOME workgroup and all have file sharing
on with all drive ticked to be shared.
The problem is that two machine can see each other and share files, they can
see the first but can not share or access its files. ( the error message is
"\\computer is not accessible. you might not have permission..."blar blar
blar).
This first machine however has unrestricted access to the other two and can
share anything on them.
Can anyone help

Check your Guest account permissions, or set up identical
Username/Password accounts on all machines. Also check the folder
permissions for the files you're trying to share.
Old October 26th 03, 04:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

steve B wrote:
Hi all,
I have 3 xp pro machine connected using a zonet 4 port router. They
are getting their lan tcp-ip's automatically by xp, ranging from
192.168.8.17 - 192.168.8.19. the are all in an MSHOME workgroup and
all have file sharing on with all drive ticked to be shared.
The problem is that two machine can see each other and share files,
they can see the first but can not share or access its files. ( the
error message is "\\computer is not accessible. you might not have
permission..."blar blar blar).
This first machine however has unrestricted access to the other two
and can share anything on them.
Can anyone help

Do you have the firewall enabled on any of the machines (particularly the
one they can't access)
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Old October 26th 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
steve B

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
steve B wrote:
[...]

No Alex...
I've tried Rob Morley's suggestions above to no avail...I feel like Fry in
the year 3000