Trouble with D-Link wireless card

Old October 26th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew

Default Trouble with D-Link wireless card

I'm setting up a wireless home network and have so far set up a D-Link
DSL-604+ wireless ADSL (802.11b) router without any problems on my desktop
PC.
I have also bought a D-Link AirPlusXtremeG wireless card, DWL-G650
(802.11g). This is giving no end of trouble. I installed the drivers on my
laptop PC (Samsung V20, P4 2.0GHz) as per the card instructions. However,
when I then installed the card and rebooted the laptop I received the
following message during boot up:

System Configuration Data updated
ERROR
Resource Conflict - PCI on Motherboard
Bus:03, Device:00, Function:00

Press F1 to resume, F2 to Setup

Pressing F2 simply took me to the set up screens where everything appeared
ok.
On resumption of booting, once I was in Windows (XP Home) the new hardware
wizard started as expected but then the PC froze part way through installing
the s/w for the card.
I rebooted the machine and got the same error message as above, but when I
got into Windows the system is saying no card present. Trying to detect new
hardware also fails to find the card.
I have uninstalled the drivers and tried to reinstall several times but get
the same results each time.

Can anyone help me out here, please?

Andrew

Old October 31st 03, 06:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin P Matthews

I had a similar problem with another DLink card and fixed it by using
different (downloaded) drivers. From memory there are three families of
drivers - 1.x, 2.x and 3.x. The 1.x simply failed regularly and so I
updated to the 3.x. These caused the crash you describe but the 2.x
worked and did not crash. I suggest you try any and every driver on the
DLink site.

In article ,
says...