Combined wireless/wired network card

Old October 28th 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gary Glencross

Default Combined wireless/wired network card

Is there such a thing as a network card which is both wireless and has a
normal socket for a cable connection to a computer too?

I've run out of expansion slots on my computer!

Old October 28th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Gary Glencross wrote:
Is there such a thing as a network card which is both wireless and has a
normal socket for a cable connection to a computer too?

I've run out of expansion slots on my computer!

How about USB?
Old October 28th 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MongolHunter

Rob Morley wrote:
Gary Glencross wrote:
Is there such a thing as a network card which is both wireless and
has a normal socket for a cable connection to a computer too?

I've run out of expansion slots on my computer!

How about USB?

Wireless (802.11b) has the same bandwidth as USB1.0 (i think.)

If you have usb2.0 then 802.11g should be fine as well.