Internet network

Old October 29th 03, 11:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rich

Default Internet network

Hi

Just finished setting up my 2 computer home wireless network and now
looking at sharing my internet connecton.

Currently my internet connection is via. my laptop by plugging in into
the normal BT socket. However I'm now thinking of connecting my other
computer to the internet instead and using the wi-fi network to browse
through.

I know how to do it, but not sure if I always want my 2nd computer on
when I want internet access. 90% of the time I use the laptop next to
the phone socket anyhow, but the other 10% would be nice.

If I did setup the internet through the second computer is there any
thing stopping me connecting the laptop to the BT socket and
connecting that way instead - I have 2 BT sockets available! Would
windows now that the network internet is not available and try to
connect via.a modem instead? (Or the other way, i.e. no dial up
connection so try the network access).

Thanks.

Rich